March 4th, 2019
27 mins 41 secs
About this Episode
Patrick and Chad tell the story of how the band's instrumental tune "Kerfuffleful" was written and recorded for the movie How To Be Single, how "Drunken Sailor" and "Big Strong Man" came to be featured on an episode of the CBS series The Good Wife, and how "Big Strong Man" was used in the British film The Kid. We also take a look at how podcasting and internet radio has helped us get our music out there throughout the years.
References for this episode
- Kerfuffleful, our new single. (Listen on Apple Music)
- How To Be Single, the movie that "Kerfuffleful" appears in. (Watch on iTunes)
- RBI Recording, where "Kerfuffleful" and Standards were recorded.
- Beebe Gunn Studio, where our new record is currently being recorded.
- The Good Wife - Season 4, Episode 14 "Death of a Client", featuring "Drunken Sailor" and "Big Strong Man" (Watch on iTunes).
- KHOU 11's TV spot about Blaggards appearing on the Good Wife
- The Kid, British film directed by Nick Moran, featuring "Big Strong Man" (Watch on iTunes UK)
- Trailer for The Kid
- The Kid - the best-selling book the movie was based on.
- My Bloody Valentine (Listen on Apple Music)
- AMS Records
- 59 North
- Andy Schell interviewing Paddy on 59 North
- Irish Aires on KPFT
- Paddy Rock Radio
- Celtic Punkcast
- Shite N' Onions
- Shite'n'Onions Vol. 2: What The Shite
- Black 47 (Listen on Apple Music)
- Larry Kirwan's Celtic Invasion (Listen on Apple Music)
- Rocky Sullivan's
- Seanchai and the Unity Squad
- The Inn and the Saloon - Long Beach, NY
- Beach Bagel - Long Beach, NY
- Finn's Fury (Listen on Apple Music)
- Nassau County Firefighter's Pipes and Drums Band
Ireland Tour Info
- Join us in Ireland this Fall!
- Ireland tour pricing and itinerary (PDF)
- Sign up for the Ireland tour online
Become a Patron
- Join Blaggards on Patreon for bonus podcast content, live tracks, rough mixes, and other exclusives.
- Rate and review SlapperCast on iTunes (It really helps us out)
If you have questions for a future Q&A episode,
- leave a comment on Patreon, or
- tweet them to us with the hashtag #slappercast.