Ansel Adams Mode (Heading Home from Montana)
August 23rd, 2022
20 mins 7 secs
About this Episode
SlapperCast Episode 184 was recorded while driving through winding mountain roads shortly after we left Bitterroot Celtic Games & Gathering in Hamilton, Montana.
You can enjoy the view with us on YouTube:
We got home last night after driving about 30 hours, dropping Heide and Kevin off at Denver International Airport about midway through. Patrick and Chad drove the rest of the way, down through Oklahoma and the Texas Panhandle. It'd been awhile since we'd done one of those marathon cross-country drives… they can be rough, but this one was surprisingly smooth and enjoyable.
As we talked about in last week's episode, this was drummer Kevin Newton's first tour with us (his very first show was in Wichita, KS). Kevin, a great drummer with terrific stage presence, has been working his ASS off learning the songs, and practically moved heaven and earth to fit this tour into his busy schedule, and we are beyond grateful. Both he and Heide absolutely SLAYED it and were an absolute joy to travel with. Suffice it to say we're all VERY excited about moving forward with this line-up.
- The Gothard Sisters - Dragonfly
- The Byrne Brothers at Celtic Fest Ohio 2022
- Alison Krauss, Shawn Colvin, Jerry Douglas — The Boxer
- Tin Machine - You Belong in Rock & Roll
Follow us on social media
Become a Patron
- Join Blaggards on Patreon for bonus podcast content, live tracks, rough mixes, and other exclusives.
If you have questions for a future Q&A episode,
- leave a comment on Patreon, or
- tweet them to us with the hashtag #slappercast.