MARK RIDDELL — Houston's Hardest Working Bass Player
April 5th, 2022
57 mins 2 secs
About this Episode
This week we're joined by Houston's hardest working bass player MARK RIDDELL, who recently completed his first solo album Corporeal Pilot. Patrick got his hands on an advance copy of Mark's CD and has been raving about it, as you will hear during the show.
Mark has been a fixture in the Houston music scene for years, playing bass with countless acts on stage and in the studio, including the Mighty Orq, the Allen Oldies Band, Trish Cramblet, Katie Rushing, Sam Morrow, Leon III, Charlie & the Regrets, and Mike Stinson... just to name a few. We talk about songwriting, the state of today's so-called "country music" and the shape of the music industry in general... and of course, kill off a few songs.
Watch this episode on YouTube:
- "Cover of the Year" — Mark Riddell
- Mark Riddell Takes A Turn With Corporeal Pilot — Gladys Fuentes, Houston Press
- Mark Riddell on Instagram
Follow us on social media
Become a Patron
- Join Blaggards on Patreon for bonus podcast content, live tracks, rough mixes, and other exclusives.
If you have questions for a future Q&A episode,
- leave a comment on Patreon, or
- tweet them to us with the hashtag #slappercast.