Drummer Ash Soan
December 22nd, 2020
1 hr 36 mins 51 secs
About this Episode
This week we have a stunning conversation with the mighty Ash Soan—speaking to us from his recording studio all the way over in Norfolk, UK.
Ash is a brilliant drummer, recording and touring musician with a resumé a mile long and loads of amazing stories to tell, of which you'll hear plenty in this episode (Sinéad O'Connor, Van Morrison, Del Amitri, Adele, Rick Wakeman, Terry Reid, et al). We also talk about how the pandemic has affected touring musicians and road crew, and what things might be like when we're able to resume business as usual. But the main focus of this conversation turned out to be the underappreciated art of "playing for the song".
- Ash Soan's website
- Ash's Instagram
- The Windmill Recording Studio
- Zildjian LIVE! - Ash Soan (sweet spot around 4:20)
- Rick Wakeman - Made In Cuba (Full Concert) (Ash's tea-length drum solo at 55:28)
- Into the Mirror: Del Amitri Live in Concert
- The River - Terry Reid
Join us in IRELAND Fall 2021
- Ireland 2021 — Sign up to learn more about our next Ireland tour
Follow us on social media
Become a Patron
- Join Blaggards on Patreon for bonus podcast content, live tracks, rough mixes, and other exclusives.
If you have questions for a future Q&A episode,
- leave a comment on Patreon, or
- tweet them to us with the hashtag #slappercast.