This week we explore bands we dislike, bands we once disliked but came to appreciate later, and bands we used to like but lost interest in.
Discussed: Anthrax, KISS, Poison, Rush, Triumph, Genesis, Black Sabbath, Iron Maiden, Deep Purple, the Who, Duran Duran, the Smiths, Van Halen, Eric Clapton, Cream, Peter Gabriel, David Bowie, Motörhead, et al.
Also: more on the perils of smartphone addiction and how it can disrupt creativity, as well as the essential exchange of energy between performer and audience.
- The Fire That Inspired 'Smoke on The Water'
- Johnny Marr describes how he wrote How Soon is Now
- "How Soon Is Now?" - The B-Side That Defined The Smiths
- Sacha Baron Cohen's scathing attack on Facebook (full talk)
Join us in IRELAND Fall 2020
- Ireland 2020 — Sign up to learn more about our next Ireland tour
Become a Patron
- Join Blaggards on Patreon for bonus podcast content, live tracks, rough mixes, and other exclusives.
Send us your questions and we'll answer them on the show bySupport SlapperCast