Chef in a Burger Shop
July 19th, 2022
1 hr 27 mins 44 secs
About this Episode
Drummer Mike McAloon joins us again for a marathon episode recorded in the van on the way to College Station and afterwards on the road back home. We talk about both of our recent reunion shows with Chris Buckley at the Continental Club Houston and O'Bannon's Taphouse, and this week's music discussion steers us through Crazy Arm, Stiff Little Fingers, David Bowie, Sheryl Crow, Joni Mitchell and Crowded House.
But the cornerstone of this episode is a long, hunger-fueled conversation about classic Houston restaurants and coffee shops, past and present. This conversation was nearly an hour long, but is cut short on the show because Chad's phone ran out of storage.
An extended, unexpurgated version of this episode is available to our Patreon supporters:
Watch this episode on YouTube:
- Crazy Arm - 'Fear Up'
- She'll Drive the Big Car · David Bowie
- Nobody's Hero · Stiff Little Fingers
- Alternative Ulster · Stiff Little Fingers
- Suspect Device · Stiff Little Fingers
Follow us on social media
Become a Patron
- Join Blaggards on Patreon for bonus podcast content, live tracks, rough mixes, and other exclusives.
If you have questions for a future Q&A episode,
- leave a comment on Patreon, or
- tweet them to us with the hashtag #slappercast.